"Reclaiming Homemade in a Small Space"

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jenny and the Giant Turkey - Chapter Six - Barbeque Turkey Pizza

This might be the least conventional of all the ways I used up our turkey leftovers...and it can be the most simple.  Who doesn't love pizza....besides my fifth grader?  (I don't know where she gets it!)   Enter the barbeque turkey pizza!   For this meal,  I made my own pizza crust (I'll have to tell you that later) and threw together a sauce (again, I'll tell ya later).  But if you use jarred sauce and a pre-made crust, then this is so simple and great for a quick, weeknight meal!

For each pizza:
One pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
1/2  c. barbeque sauce
1/2 c. pizza sauce
3/4  c. chopped turkey
1/2 to 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
jalepenos (opt.)

Preheat oven to 450.  Place pizza crust on a cookie sheet. In a small bowl, combine barbeque sauce and pizza sauce.  Spread sauce all over the pizza crust. Depending on the size of the crust, you may not use all of the sauce.  Sprinkle with the turkey and then with the cheese and jalepeno, if you want them.  Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. 

You can also use leftover chicken or pork....or anything else that tastes good with barbeque sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment